11 Best Diatomaceous Earth Fleas Strategy To Kill Fleas Well With Pics
People usually hear about using diatomaceous earth for fleas but can’t realize how does diatomaceous earth work for fleas problem and how to use DE the right way without making the whole house dirty or hurting health of kids and pets?
Here, this Guide teach DE in three sections in addition to many FAQ, please read carefully before applying to avoid failure.
- How to use it step by step like the pest control professionals?
- Where to buy DE and how to purchase the effective pack for fleas problem.?
- Pros and Cons of “diatomaceous earth fleas grade”, and the difference between it and other remedies for fleas.
Learn more about: kill fleas without bombing
Does diatomaceous earth kill fleas really?
Will diatomaceous earth kill fleas in the house and work for pet’s fleas?
Can diatomaceous earth kill fleas?
Does food grade diatomaceous earth kill fleas?
How Does Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Work to Kill Fleas?
It is not actually poisoning the tiny buggers,
like Salt and Borax, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth particles drying the outer shell of fleas and bed bugs, it has a wonderful ability to absorb water from their bodies from the inside, making them vulnerable to drought and can’t survive.
While fleas egg has an extra shell which make it hard to be killed by salt and borax, Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade consists of sharp razors which can penetrate eggs of fleas and let the absorbent get inside and dry it.
To know if DE is working or not you must learn the working strategy for me and my family.
How to use diatomaceous earth to kill fleas the effective way?
I share with you all my tested effective methods I applied myself to my house and on my cat and I’ve relived from fleas and the house become free of D.E. at the end.
Applying D.E. the wrong way will leave the house in cloudy dusty mess worse than fleas problem itself, so please try my strategy first and let me know if it worked for you.
10 Easy Steps Strategy to Use Diatomaceous Earth for Fleas the Correct Way.
- Dusting all carpets in the house, then let it set not less than half an hour.
- Rub the DE powder with a hand broom or brush into the carpets to reach all hidden fleas inside carpet.
- You must dust diatomaceous earth around items that is difficult to move and fleas like to live and lay, such as behind the TV and cabinets, as well as dusting under beds and sofa.
- Thoroughly vacuuming every single inch.
- Leave diatomaceous earth dust without vacuum on carpet that is very close to baseboards and carpets under furniture, D.E. will work as insect control within that hidden areas at home.
- For moderate infestation with fleas “Dust DE then vacuum” daily for a month like that to get results.
How to Use Does diatomaceous Food Grade On Cats, simple, safe, and effective too:
Powdering your kitten and cats deep into their coats, add to this mixing DE in their food can heal many diseases (proven). Cats may scratch for a while but not much like before using DE because flea’s problem is less now.
People usually winder if they can use diatomaceous earth to kill fleas on cats? Don’t worry, DE will not hurt you cat’s skin or gut in such very low concentrations, as Food grade is labeled safe by the FDA.
How to kill fleas outdoor in yard, patio, lawn and pet’s house with DE?
- The grass in backyard carry a handful of fleas colonies everywhere like your carpet inside the home,
- also the areas where your dog’s sleep and play can be filled with fleas infestation.
- Like the carpet, define the possible infested areas, drying, sprinkling,
- then you’re done, don’t forget reapply when you feel bites or pets annoyed.
How does diatomaceous earth work to kill fleas?
How Does the strategy work? Fleas are hidden in such dark spots inside house items and between grass out there, when they hungry will come out and feed on your pets and on you and your kids, later they come back to shadows,
later in such hidden spots the adults lay eggs and when hatched it develop into adults and again looking for you to grab food.
When fleas are going and back to their hidden area they contact with DE and it do its job.
So that you don’t have to dump this product all over your floors as this way it costs too much, leaves a bigger mess and wasteful ineffective too, just smartly put D.E. where it contacts with the fleas and die.
How to dust DE the correct way?
Sprinkling with the pack itself can make a mess and you may inhale dust too, so it better to use a plastic applicator or duster (purchase online). Just squeeze the plastic container by you hand and the dust puffs out the tip where you want it to go directly but will not go all over the place and make an unwanted cloud.
How long diatomaceous earth to kill fleas?
How fast does diatomaceous earth kill fleas?
How long does it take for diatomaceous earth to remove all fleas?
How long time before killing fleas with DE?
We have to leave the DE powder enough time to come into contact with fleas, 4 – 12 hour is the common recommends out there.
Reapply after a week from the first once to catch the newly hatched flea eggs, as you’ve learned the adult flea female lay a huge number of eggs which need a weak to hatch.
Apply 3 – 4 consecutive weeks to prevent a new infestation by new larvae after you get rid of the adult fleas.
Learn more info.: How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Fleas
How much DE amount needed to work and kill fleas?
The amount need is not much if applied properly, the less DE is better.
DE is effective immediately to prevent fleas and makes it hang, cannot move freely;
Many of us may not get results from the first time in addition to incorrect application which worsen the problem, but if you failed in this you may experience failure in other flea control methods, therefore vacuuming alone will not resolve it, so be patient.
Incorrect application with thick layers on carpets and everywhere will make a mess that is difficult to clean up and need too much vacuum to free house from D.E., but if applied correctly the diatomaceous earth will be very effective remedy for fleas problem.
10 Effective Tips for Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth to Kill Fleas in House, Outside, and on Dogs and Cats
Tips to get better results and let DE work well against adult and eggs of fleas.
At the beginning it lessens the amount of fleas and you may feel some flea bites as you interrupt them and notice cats still biting and scratching at themselves but with continuous application fleas have no place to run away.
In order to get rid of fleas with Diatomaceous Earth “Food Grade”, there are some easy but magical tricks to make it work well, just read carefully.
- your vacuum machine have different sucking levels for carpets, floor, sofa, and curtains. be aware to adjust to the appropriate level.
- You can fill the vacuum waste bag with some DE and salt to kill the fleas that sucked while they still alive.
- You can vacuum carpets well before using DE to aggravate fleas to jump and come out of their hiding place, and the carpet becomes ready to pesticides but it must to sprinkle around before that to make borders.
- Vacuum well at the end and open the windows periodically to regenerate clean environment unless you’ve backyard with possible flea’s infestation.
- To use DE to kill fleas in garden you must wait until the dryness of grass or the Diatomaceous effectiveness will be reduced by moisture.
- Fleas that are hiding in carpets will be caught easily but vacuuming is must after sprinkling DE for a period of time and cleaning to remove remnants.
- DE work well to remove fleas on hardwood floors if you can stop moist, water, closed and dark rooms sources as well as taking care of fruit dishes on tables, no need to cover all hardwood with DE just dust around.
- Using DE to treat fleas on small pets like puppies, young kittens, and hamsters, although many websites over there warning you that rubbing it on their skin will cause dryness and itchiness to their sensitive skin it’s better to rub their fur with DE carefully to avoid hurting their eyes or weak skin or just try another remedy if you’are not sure. However, Food Grade DE is completely safe to be ingested by human or pets as FDA recommended.
- To avoid asthma and irritation while using DE cover your nose and mouth with a damp cloth while sprinkling DE.
Use DE around kitchen parts and drain after drying the moist well.
- Don’t turn on household fans before or after sprinkling DE, diatomaceous earth will not kill fleas in your home like this, instead the fine granules will be blown all over the house.
- Chihuahua are easier to treat with DE because he has short white hair and fleas are easily detected.
If you tried flea sprays and failed miserably, regardless of what you may have been told, DE within 24 hours should minimize biting and scratching of your cat to almost nothing.
Where to Buy Diatomaceous Earth for Fleas?
This substance is very cheap and can be purchased at most supermarkets, purchasing diatomaceous earth online or in a brick and mortar store.
- purchase diatomaceous earth for fleas online at Home Depot or Amazon which is affordable and safe from scams or dodgy products.
- You can buy diatomaceous earth from Walmart or Lowes and local shops.
- Buy from outlets near your residence.
- Find DE at pet food store for your cats.
How to choose what DE pack to buy for fleas? upon three factors
The type of DE working for fleas and safe:
When purchasing diatomaceous earth, you will find a variety of forms as DE has a large variety of applications:
- Pool Grade Diatomaceous Earth, use it is for cleaning and filtration of swimming pools only.
- Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, use it for body detoxification and grain storage as anti-moisture and kill insects.
according to the FDA standards “it’s generally recognized as safe for ingestion to human and pets”
- Pest Control Grade Diatomaceous Earth, use it as a natural Pesticide to kill insects, although some companies may add chemical poisons to speed up the killing of insects while it can be chemical-free, you can read on the package before purchasing.
There is no difference between pest control DE and food grade DE except the packaging according to standards of both FDA and the EPA organizations.
The name or the grade:
Search for “Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth” or “Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade” for killing with safety.
which is for fleas control purpose and is completely safe for the pets and children, it will not cause any problems in the house.
Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade is definitely not going to cost much to kill fleas.
The purer “Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth” the better for killing fleas, don’t purchase a product has more than 1% of other ingredients to ensure it’s completely safe for pets and human as well as effective for flea removal.
or search for packs called “pest grade DE”, “DE for pest control” for fast killing but take care when applying to animals as it may contain chemical flea control products.
When you hold a package of diatomaceous earth products please take a look to the concentration, if it is less than 90% it means the rest is crystalline silica which is toxic and minimize the effectiveness of diatomaceous to kill fleas and aggregate as well.
You can purchase auxiliary tools from Walmart or Amazon, such as:
Harris PD-1 1 Powder Duster, White color
Harris Handy Shaker with Scoop and Adjustable Top for Diatomaceous Earth, Salt, Fertilizer, Seeds, Ice…
HandySpreader – Adjustable Hole Size – Handheld Spreader
How much Diatomaceous Earth is required to kill fleas?
The density of DE that is needed to get rid of fleas is a half pack for a carpet and/
or the amount the is enough to cover the surface of your carpets if you unsure, the more is better but take care not puffing into the air.
A complete pack can be enough to sprinkle a 3 square meter garden.
A room in apartment may need one pack.
The DE package is 5 lbs which equal 2.3 kg.
What Is Diatomaceous Earth? and
Where Diatomaceous Earth come from?
In a practical brief, they are small razor-sharp-like which is formed from extracted dead algae with siliceous shells, mined from sea shores and undergoes grinding to be ready for usage.
Other names: Diatomite.
Diatomaceous Earth Alternative Home Remedies to Get Rid of Fleas
using borax for fleas, it’s affordable. Does borax kill fleas?
Try baking soda, common in kitchen.
1. Flea Trap Remedy to Catch Fleas with Dish-washing Liquid. 3 Flea Traps Really Work?
2. Herbal Flea Spray to Get Rid of Fleas from Your House.
3. Salt Remedy to Get Rid of Fleas. Does salt kill fleas?
4. Boric Acid Remedy to Get Rid of Fleas, DE is commonly used in lieu of boric acid,Does 20 Mule Team Borax Kill Fleas?
5. Use Pennyroyal Herb to Repel Fleas. …
6. Use Rosemary for Flea Control. DIY remedies to get rid of fleas naturally in house, on dogs and cats
By reading this article, you know where to dust diatomaceous earth for fleas?
Food Grade diatomaceous earth way is useful to get rid of fleas on human, in the house, on the grass in special yard or around apartment complex, dog’s fur and dog’s house, and cat bedding but not on cat skin itself, accompanied by vacuuming and repeated daily for a month.
Be proactive. I hope you find some relief from fleas.
If you’re tried and convinced already, people need your encouraging success story for using DE powder for effective flea removal to give them the confidence to start using it.