Do Citronella Repel Fleas? All Citronella Fleas Products
Citronella spray is a home remedy that is effective for fleas on dogs hair and cat’s fur and so many benefits with minimum health risks. It’s one of what repel fleas around you, citronella, is an effective method to repel fleas in house as well.
You can use Citronella against fleas in too many ways, include:
- Apply citronella oil once directly on your skin act as topical flea repellent , citronella oil works well on skin to get fleas away from you and your children.
- Citronella Oil can be mixed with other essential oils into one sprayer bottle to long repelling of fleas.
- Citronella oil candle works for good to repel fleas, just burn one candle or incense sticks to spread that flea killer scent.
- Citronella-soaked cotton balls can be used to repel fleas in the house in the carpeted areas behind heavy furniture where the vacuum can’t reach.
How to use Citronella spray for fleas on dogs and cats?
Firstly, do you know what do fleas look like?
Using Citronella spray for fleas by:
- 7 to 15 drops the citronella oil in a sprayer
- Mix with one pound water and 1 tablespoon of essential oils to kill fleas such as lemon oil, peppermint oil, and eucalyptus oil.
- Citronella spray does work to repel and kill fleas as well on dogs hair.
- Fulfill the dog coat with your fingers.
- Spray Citronella spraying mixture directly onto your hands and wipe it around the dog’s face,
- Don’t spray around the eyes of the dog or insides of ears.
- Spray citronella sprayer on your hands to wipe it on your cat’s coat as well.
How to use Citronella oil spray on carpets and boards in the house:
- Mix in a few drops in a bath or add to the salt for fleas before you sprinkle it on the carpets and floors.
- Apply on carpets and baseboards.
- then Vacuum well the carpets “on the carpet mode” to extract hidden fleas in the carpet pile.
Citronella Dog Collar
It’s a type of dog collars that is used mainly to stop a dog from barking but has a powerful effect to repel fleas and repel gnats as well.
How does it work for fleas?
Dog barking causes the collars to emit a pulse of citronella, therefore interrupts your dog from barking, unlike the shock collar which delivers an electrical shock to your dog when they bark. However, Citronella Spray collars are ineffective on high-pitched barks.
Do citronella spray dog collars work for fleas? can be a good alternative to electric shock?
How Does A Citronella Dog Collar Work? Spray dog collars work through spraying citronella oil in the dogs face, but the collar is programmed to spray only when the collar sensor via a microphone that the dog is barking.
Tips to refill the citronella dog collar
- Hold the spray can upright and firmly press the nozzle down into the Refill Port.
- Hold for 15 seconds and remove. Note: If spray leaks out, you may need to press harder to complete the seal.
- For optimal performance the spray bark collar should be refilled before each use.
Looking for another collar for dog’s fleas?, see this> Seresto flea collar reviews
Tips for better usage of citronella for fleas:
- Citronella oil products are safer than DEET but must be reapplied frequently.
Citronella Side Effects:
- Citronella oil candles and sprays are not dangerous and has no allergic reactions if inhaled when used according to the official instructions.
- Avoid exposure if you have been allergic upon contact or inhalation.
- Citronella vapors could result in irritation to eyes, skin and throat, and therefore you have to reduce exposure.
- Citronella is not bad for you when applied to skin but It’s UNSAFE to inhale citronella oil as it will cause lung problems.
- Citronella is on of very strong essential oils, so that you must not directly apply on the skin of babies or toddlers children under 2 years.