How to use fleas life cycle to get rid of fleas effectively?
The three factors affect the life cycle of fleas are temperature, humidity and source of food, and we will use these factors to kill fleas more efficiently.
Some Serious Facts used in methods of flea’s control:
The adult of female fleas is able to put up to 600 eggs per life span.
During the flea cycle only about 5% of fleas are actually live on your dog or cat. The other 95% of fleas at any stage are live in your house or yard.
Major phases of fleas which live in your house:1- The Egg:
Larva Pupate and continues maturation inside then emerges as a butterfly which later lose their wings and become adult flea.
Flea eggs dropped down on your carpet, floor, bedding and any outside place as yard, house of pets, household plants garden.
And hatch after a period, fleas hatched on your bed, mattress, and carpeting.
Salt, Borax, Baking Soda are dehydrating agents which able to control flea population.
What is the danger of flea larvae?Larvae will get deep into carpet fibers, in cracks between floor boards, under beds, furniture and rugs and around skirting boards. Moreover the larvae of fleas can survive for long in sand and gravel. The minor food of larvae is dead skin cells, organic material and the blood rich faeces of adult fleas. Larvae move by round movement using hair like bristles that enable them to move around to corners, crevices, under furniture, in cracks between floor boards and along baseboards of your house or yard.
I left my house unoccupied for a period of time,
What is a flea cycle?Here is the complete life span that each flea insect must go to be an adult sucker flea.
Fleas lay their eggs after a blood feed on the animal but these flea eggs quickly drop off on to the carpet, floor, bedding and outside areas. In fact anywhere your pet goes becomes a battle zone.
The life cycle of the flea depends on temperature, humidity and source of food. The life cycle of the flea from egg to adulthood can vary from two weeks to eight months.
An adult female flea can lay up to 600 eggs in its life time.
Eggs can hatch anywhere between two days and two weeks.
After the eggs hatch they become larvae. These are little worm like insects that get deep into carpet fibers, in cracks between floor boards, under beds, furniture and rugs and around skirting boards. They also thrive in sand and gravel. They feed on dead skin cells, organic material and the blood rich faeces of adult fleas. Although they don’t have legs they can move around and make their way to corners and crevices
The little worm like larvae develop over a period of one to three weeks going through four moulting stages then spin themselves a silken cocoon, just like a caterpillar. This is called the pupae stage. They can remain in their cocoons for several months but will hatch if conditions are right. Vibrations can trigger them to hatch and this is the reason why you can be suddenly covered by fleas after a house has been left unoccupied for a long period of time.